A very basic update to the GUI. Driven by making the new power point features for personal use. The GUI is not "up to snuff" yet, so please excuse the minimal information on things as they are updated.WARNING
this release is undergoing testing. It mostly works now, though the personal web server does not (at least with W7 and IE9).... so you'll need to server the ViewConference.html file via a real web server... This will get fixed.
- This is a click-once release
- In a PPT file you can add a "render:url" in the alternative text of a shape and that url will be renedered in that location on the slide. This allows one to have a deep-zoom poster that references lots of other material.
- Better titling, etc., when rendering single files as opposed to indico conferences.
- If you render from a local file (that is you specify the local path to a file or folder), then you can make relative references to other files (e.g. see pptx render: command above). This makes it possible to share sensibly between machines.
- If you use a string like "render:subdir/*.pdf" it will be correctly interpreted - a very simple wildcard mechanism is implemented now.
- If you reference a ".website" file, it will render whatever is at the other end of that url as long as the system knows how to do it in the first place. This combined with full folder rendering is an easy way to keep track of URL's without having to cut/paste them into the render: text box in a pptx of a large subject you are building.
- If ghost script hangs, it will be automatically killed after two minutes of not producing anything.
- Lots of clean-ups for temp files, etc.